- "Penguins are our flesh and feathers, and if anyone's going to save us, it's us."
- —Skipper to his brothers
Skipper is the leader of the penguins and brother of Rico and Kowalski and adopted older brother of Private.
Skipper is one of the four protagonists in The Penguins of Madagascar and the protagonist-turned-deuteragonist of Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie.
Skipper was born in the frozen tundra of Antarctica with his brothers, Kowalski and Rico. He defied nature when he saw an egg rolling down a hill. The brothers are able to catch the egg, which hatches. When Kowalski tells the cold hard truth of them going to die and that the baby penguin has no family, Skipper and his brothers adopt the penguin as one of their own. They eventually name him Private.
Born to be leader and is often hard at times, Skipper truly is a complex character. According to Private, Skipper would never leave a man behind no matter who they were, even with fancy equipment and a plan or not (i.e. saving Private from Dave and refusing to abandon an egg and also wanting to save Marty, knowing he may have been in danger when looking for Alex.
Skipper has a soft spot for his brothers, especially Private and inspires them.
He believes women are weak and need protecting, mostly to Marlene. Skipper doesn't think highly of other mammals; however, he does value their opinions once in a while.
As children, Rico helps Skipper come up with their signature flipper slapping called the "high one." Because of his useful storage, Skipper comments that Rico is a "valued member of [their] team. They both have a love of destruction in the series, while it lacks in the films. However, in "Kaboom and Kabust" Skipper's love for destruction is not as strong as Rico's. He also fears that if Rico goes through stunts too much, then he'll over react with it.
- "Private? You're alive! Don't EVER scare me like that again, do ya hear me? Do ya hear me? Do ya hear me? Do ya hear me?"
- —Skipper to Private upon seeing him alive[src]
after ten years of hearing it come from Skipper's mouth. Even though Skipper is hard at times, he has a soft spot for Private. In "When the Chips Are Down", Skipper thought they truly lost Private and began grieving for him, but immediately cried and later hugged Private, telling him to never scare Skipper like that ever again. During the film, Skipper continues treating him like a tagalong. He then endangers Private when he has him as the distraction to stop Dave and ends up getting Private kidnapped by the mad scientist. Skipper later becomes determined to save him from Dave, and becomes very distraught when the medusa serum seemingly kills Private. Skipper believes that Private is dead after he fails to call them through the upper level.
- He married his bride doll, Lola in Escape to Africa, but she was missing in the series and the movies, suggesting Skipper finally realized she was just a doll or because she "died"
- Believes that Private's accent is fake and adorable at the same time.
- It is an unknown reason why Skipper is Denmark's public enemy #1 but what was known that it involved Hans, Fish, and so many twists and turns, you wouldn't be interested.
- Voiced by Tom McGrath, who is the creator of the Madagascar franchise and creative consultant in the TV series
- Revealed in "Needle Point", Skipper has trypanophobia, a fear of needles.
- after he said, "I'd like to kiss you Monkey Man", Mason said, "All right but you're so darn ugly" before kissing Skipper " is a reference to Planet of the Apes.
- Skipper and the other penguins are probably so protective over Private due to the incident with Private's egg being eaten by leopard seals
Centric episodes Edit
- Action Reaction (shared with King Julien)
- All Tied Up With a Boa (shared with King Julien)
- Alienated (shared with King Julien)
- Assault and Batteries (shared with King Julien)
- Crown Fools (shared with Julien and Marlene)
- Command Crisis
- Cut-Astrophe (shared with Private)
- Dr. Blowhole's Revenge (shared with Julien
- Endangerous Species (shared with Kowalski
- Goodnight and Good chuck (shared with Kowalski, Private and Rico
- Gut Instinct (shared with Julien)
- Huffin and Puffin
- I Was a Penguin Zombie
- In the Line of Doody
- Jungle Law (shared with Julien)
- King Julien for a Day (shared with Julien)
- Miss Understanding
- Needle Point
- Operation: Antarctica (shared with Julien and Private)
- Operation: Big Blue Marble (shared with Kowalski, Private and Rico)
- Operation: Break-Speare (shared with Julien and Private
- Operation: Good Deed (shared with Rico, Private, and Kowalski)
- Operation: Neighbor Swap (shared with Julien)
- Our man in Grrfurjiclestan (shared with Kowalski, Private and Rico)
- Pets Peeved (shared with Julien)
- Rat fink (shared with Julien)
- Rock-A-Bye Birdie (shared with Julien)
- Skipper Makes Perfect
- Smotherly Love (shared with Rico Private and Kowalski)
- The Big Move
- The Big S.T.A.N.K. (shared with Julien)
- The Hoboken Surpise (shared with Private, RIco and Kowalsk)
- The Most Dangerous Game Night (shared with Private, Rico, and Marlene, and Kowalski)
- The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole (shared with Private, Rico, Julien)
- Work Order
|Both Series: Skipper | Kowalski | Private | Rico | King Julien | Maurice | Phil | Mason | Mort ||