- "Penguins are our flesh and feathers, and if anyone's going to save us, it's us."
- —Skipper to his brothers
Skipper is the leader of the penguins and brother of Rico and Kowalski and adopted older brother of Private.
Skipper is one of the four protagonists in The Penguins of Madagascar and the protagonist-turned-deuteragonist of Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie.
Skipper was born in the frozen tundra of Antarctica with his brothers, Kowalski and Rico. He defied nature when he saw an egg rolling down a hill. The brothers are able to catch the egg, which hatches. When Kowalski tells the cold hard truth of them going to die and that the baby penguin has no family, Skipper and his brothers adopt the penguin as one of their own. They eventually name him Private.
Born to be leader and is often hard at times, Skipper truly is a complex character. According to Private, Skipper would never leave a man behind no matter who they were, even with fancy equipment and a plan or not (i.e. saving Private from Dave and refusing to abandon an egg and also wanting to save Marty, knowing he may have been in danger when looking for Alex.
Skipper has a soft spot for his brothers, especially Private and inspires them.
He believes women are weak and need protecting, mostly to Marlene. Skipper doesn't think highly of other mammals; however, he does value their opinions once in a while.
As children, Rico helps Skipper come up with their signature flipper slapping called the "high one." Because of his useful storage, Skipper comments that Rico is a "valued member of [their] team. They both have a love of destruction in the series, while it lacks in the films. However, in "Kaboom and Kabust" Skipper's love for destruction is not as strong as Rico's. He also fears that if Rico goes through stunts too much, then he'll over react with it.
- "Private? You're alive! Don't EVER scare me like that again, do ya hear me? Do ya hear me? Do ya hear me? Do ya hear me?"
- —Skipper to Private upon seeing him alive[src]
after ten years of hearing it come from Skipper's mouth. Even though Skipper is hard at times, he has a soft spot for Private. In "When the Chips Are Down", Skipper thought they truly lost Private and began grieving for him, but immediately cried and later hugged Private, telling him to never scare Skipper like that ever again. During the film, Skipper continues treating him like a tagalong. He then endangers Private when he has him as the distraction to stop Dave and ends up getting Private kidnapped by the mad scientist. Skipper later becomes determined to save him from Dave, and becomes very distraught when the medusa serum seemingly kills Private. Skipper believes that Private is dead after he fails to call them through the upper level.
- He married his bride doll, Lola in Escape to Africa, but she was missing in the series and the movies, suggesting Skipper finally realized she was just a doll or because she "died"
- Believes that Private's accent is fake and adorable at the same time.
- Likes a hard pillow ("Eclipsed")
- Mistaken for "Joe Penguin" for the first Madagascar film.
- Hates it when people call him "pudgy."(Fit to Print)
- Follows the Penguin credo
- More physical than the other Penguins.
- Values order above all else.
- Has a fragile Ego.
- Has no sisters (in Hans and Puffin).
- Is extremely ticklish
- Talented singer, dancer, and in combat.
- Received one metal of Honor.
- Has a soft spot for Private.
- Swears in Korean
- Spent eight years in the Jungles of Mexico.
- Was the public Enemy number one in Denmark, but his cirminal record was destroyed.
- It is an unknown reason why Skipper is Denmark's public enemy #1 but what was known that it involved Hans, Fish, and so many twists and turns, you wouldn't be interested.
- Voiced by Tom McGrath, who is the creator of the Madagascar franchise and creative consultant in the TV series
- Revealed in "Needle Point", Skipper has trypanophobia, a fear of needles.
- after he said, "I'd like to kiss you Monkey Man", Mason said, "All right but you're so darn ugly" before kissing Skipper " is a reference to Planet of the Apes.
- Skipper and the other penguins are probably so protective over Private due to the incident with Private's egg being nearly eaten by leopard seals
Centric episodes Edit
Needle Point I Was a Penguin Zombie
The Falcon and the Snow Job
Huffin and Puffin
In The Line of Doody
The All Nighter Before Christmas
Skipper Makes Perfect
Madagascar: Escape to Africa Madagascar: Europe's Most Wanted
Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie
Assault & Batteries
Penguiner Takes All
Little Zoo Coupe
Miracle on Ice
Dr. Blowhole's Revenge
The Lost Treasure of the Golden Squirrel
Fit to Print
The Big Squeeze
Cradle and All
The Officer X Factor
King Julien for a Day
Operation: Neighbor Swap
All Tied Up With a Boa
The Hoboken Surprise
The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole
Operation: Good Deed
Our Man in Grrfurjiclestan
The Big S.T.A.N.K.
The Big Move
The Most Dangerous Game Night
Operation: Big Blue Marble
Goodnight and Good Chuck
Snowmageddon Best Foes
|Both Series: Skipper | Kowalski | Private | Rico | King Julien | Maurice | Phil | Mason | Mort ||